Huntsville Alabama - Chapter 136 Scholarships Also Check the Useful Links Button on the Navigation Bar for More Student Related Information
Huntsville Chapter Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 31, 2013
• One or more scholarships may be awarded annually. Each scholarship will not exceed $500.00 unless an additional amount is approved by the chapter’s board of directors.
• Scholarships are limited to persons attending accredited colleges, universities, or professional schools of accounting in the state of Alabama who are pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in accounting.
• Applicants must be part-time or full-time students who have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours with a declared major in accounting.
• Applicants must obtain a transcript from the registrar of the school showing grades and courses taken. The transcript is to be submitted with the application.
• The deadline for submitting applications for the 2013-2014 academic year is March 31, 2013.
• The scholarship committee or their designated representatives may choose to conduct personal interviews with the applicants.
• The applicant’s need for financial assistance will be a primary determining factor.
• Scholarship recipients will receive a letter notifying them of their selection, and they will be honored at the chapter’s Student Night in April.
• Scholarship awards will be sent upon notification from the school that the student has enrolled and fees are due. The check will be made payable to the school to apply against the amount due from the student.
• Unsuccessful candidates will receive an acknowledgment of their applications with words of encouragement.